Nitric Oxide, or simply NO, shows promise for relieving the symptoms of heart disease caused by atherosclerosis. Much has been learned about Nitric Oxide and its effects in the human body. Research continues to show how this molecule is intricately involved in so many biological functions.
Nitric Oxide and Louis Ignarro
Nitric oxide was named “Molecule of the Year” in 1992 by the journal Science. The Nobel Prize in Medicine in 1998 was awarded to Ferid Murad, Robert F. Furchgott, and Louis Ignarro for the discovery of the signaling properties of nitric oxide. Dr. Louis Ignarro was also named American Heart Association Distinguished Scientist for 2008.
Nitric Oxide and Your Heart
Nitric oxide improves circulation. Blood vessels use NO to signal the surrounding smooth muscle to relax, thus dilating the arteries, increasing blood flow, and maintaining normal blood pressure. These blood vessels deliver oxygen and nutrients to, as well as remove waste products from, every cell in your body. Clearly NO has some compelling benefits when it comes to heart health and the health of your cardiovascular system.
Want to see a list of heat health and cardiovascular benefits that you may realize simply by increasing your own bodies production of Nitric Oxide?
What Does NO Do? And …
More importantly what might it do for you and your cardiovascular system health? Here’s a list of possibilities:
- Relaxes and widens blood vessels
- Increases blood circulation
- Maintains blood pressure within the normal range
- Inhibits blood platelet clotting reducing blockages in the blood vessels
- Reduces cardiovascular aging
NO offers amazing benefits for the cardiovascular system and shows huge promise in relieving many of the symptoms of heart disease caused by atherosclerosis but the benefits don’t stop there …
The Other Benefits of Nitric Oxide
- Nitric oxide causes penile erections by dilating blood vessels.
- Nitric oxide controls the action of almost every orifice in the human body from swallowing to defecation.
- Nitric oxide helps the immune system fight viral, bacterial and parasitic infections as well as tumors.
- Nitric oxide transmits messages between nerve cells.
- Nitric oxide seems to be associated with the process of learning, memory, sleeping, pain tolerence, and possibly depression.
- Nitric oxide has been shown to be a mediator in inflammation and rheumatism.
Nitric oxide, synthesized from the essential amino acid L-arginine, is involved in all cells to help keep you fit and healthy. In 1992, the cover of Science declared nitric oxide to be its “Molecule of the Year!”
Nitric Oxide Synthesis or NOS
The creation of nitric oxide from L-arginine depends on a family of enzymes called nitric oxide synthesis or NOS. The NOS enzyme has been found in three different locations and each form of the NOS enzyme has a special function.
1) NOS enzymes found in endothelial cells create nitric oxide; However, when the endothelial cells are damaged by high blood pressure, high sugar levels, cholesterol, lipid deposits, and smoking nitric oxide production decreases leading to a host of health issues.
2) NOS enzymes are found throughout the brain and central nervous system. This suggests that NOS enzymes are involved in almost every brain function.
3) NOS enzymes found in the immune system create NO to help macrophages destroy bacteria and cancer cells. Current research shows that the nitric oxide molecule will destroy many organisms that are difficult to kill by any other means.
L-arginine & It’s Benefits
L-arginine is an essential amino acid found in foods like milk, cheese, yogurt, meat, and other proteins. L-arginine has the ability to produce some remarkable results and the scientific community validated the remarkable properties of L-arginine with the 1998 Nobel Prize in Medicine.
Columbia University refers to L-arginine as a “Magic Bullet” for the cardiovascular system. Columbia’s researchers have compiled over 10,000 citations and even include L-arginine in its course material. Research suggests the following L-arginine benefits :
- Stimulates growth hormone for anti aging benefits.
- Counters heart disease and aids in blood pressure regulation.
- Improves insulin sensitivity to help normalize blood sugar.
- Bolsters the immune system, boosts energy, and increases lean muscle.
- Precursor for the synthesis of nitric oxide.
- Promotes reproductive health.
- Natural alternative for Viagra.
- Increases sperm count and motility by 250% in 2 weeks.
- Achieves and maintains erections.
- Increases fertility and orgasm in women.
It needs to be emphasized that L-arginine is not a hormone like HGH (human growth hormone) or testosterone. L-arginine is an essential amino acid. When properly brought into the body it can cross the blood-brain barrier to signal the hypothalamus to naturally trigger the pituitary gland to produce growth hormone.
Note: Before you go out and start buying L-arginine supplements you need to be aware of the dark side of this amino acid. L-arginine ingested in its pure form tastes disgusting and without the proper delivery system it will simply go into the stomach and intestinal tract, negating most of its benefits. L-arginine is a “double-edged sword” and by itself L-arginine can also have some serious side effects like:
- Increasing free radical brain damage.
- Activation of the herpes simplex virus.
- Reduced sperm motility.
Because the L-arginine molecule is a blind amino acid it must be attached to a rider. This rider will properly direct it to the area in the body where it will have an impact. The amount of L-aginine consumed is also important in order to provide cardiovascular benefits and nitric oxide production.
For those searching for a proven and effective L-arginine product, I recommend this formula because it contains enough L-arginine to produce Nitric Oxide along with a number of other amazing benefits. Read more